How to reinstall bundled applications and original drivers using the VAIO Care version 6 software
If you need to reinstall the original software or drivers for any reason, such as for troubleshooting or because the software was removed, follow the procedure below:
IMPORTANT: If you are reinstalling original drivers, after you have finished, check for updated drivers online.
- Close all open programs.
- Do not interrupt the power during the installation process.
- Click the Start button and then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click the VAIO Care folder and then click VAIO Care.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes.
- In the VAIO Care window, in the left pane, click Recovery & restore.
- Under Recovery & Restore, click Recovery.
- In the Recovery window, click Reinstall Applications and Drivers.
- In the Reinstall Applications and Drivers window, click the Next button.
- In the Select applications and drivers to install window, click to check the box next to the applications and drivers you would like to reinstall and then click the Next button.
- In the Start Reinstallation window, click the Start button.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the installation process for each application and driver selected.
- In the Reinstallation completed window, click the Restart Now button.
- In the VAIO Care window, click the OK button.
NOTE: After the computer restarts the installation process is complete.