If you have forgotten the pattern or password of your Walkman player, follow the steps based on the type of lock method used:
Locked by pattern:
When locked by a pattern, if you have a Google account registered in the device, you can reset the pattern by doing the following:
NOTE: If you do not have a Google account registered in the device, the only option will be to use the Android system recovery utility procedure (see below).
- Try to input the pattern 5 times. A dialog box should appear.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Forgot pattern? in the bottom of the screen.
- Input your Google account and password.
- Input a new pattern.
Locked by password/Pin or you do not have a Google account registered to the device:
If you do not recall your password or you have not registered a Google account to your device, the only way to access your Walkman is to use the Android system recovery utility. Follow these steps:
Android system recovery utility procedure:
WARNING: Data loss will occur. Your Walkman player will return to original state once this procedure is performed. Downloaded apps and user settings will need to be restored.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- In the Device options menu, tap Power off.
- In the Power off menu, tap OK.
- Once the Walkman has shut off, press and hold the Volume Up (+) button, and while continuing to hold that button, press and hold the Power button for several seconds until the Android system recovery utility appears in the display. Release the buttons once this screen is displayed.
- Use the Volume Down (-) button to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option.
- Quickly press the Power button.
- Use the Volume Down (-) button to highlight YES -- delete all user data option.
- Press and quickly release the Power button. The wipe data/factory reset will execute.
- When reboot system appears and is highlighted, press and quickly release the Power button.
- When Reboot system now is displayed, press and quickly release the Power button.