IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Reset your car stereo under the following conditions:
- Before you operate your car stereo for the first time.
- After you replace the car battery.
- After you change the connections or wiring.
- If your car stereo malfunctions.
Before you start:
- Data loss: Performing a RESET procedure will erase the clock settings and some stored content.
- Some models don't have a designated reset button. Check your manual for which buttons you need to use to reset.
My device doesn't have a Reset Button
- Depending on your car stereo, press
- DSPL and (back) /MODE or
- DSLP and CALL button, or
- SOURCE/OFF button for more than two seconds.
- Turn on your car stereo.
My device has a Reset Button
- Remove the faceplate from your car stereo.
- Press the RESET button on the front panel using a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.
- These steps are for the in-dash car stereo receivers that have removable faceplates and may vary slightly based on your specific model number.
- For car stereos that have Bluetooth wireless features, it would be necessary to perform the BT Initialise procedure to reset it completely.