Wind noise is recorded when air is moving rapidly by the microphone of the camcorder. To help reduce wind noise, try any of the solutions below.
- If the camcorder has a jack for an external microphone, use an external microphone.
- Block the built-in microphone from the wind to help reduce the amount of recorded wind noise.
- If supplied with the camcorder or the external microphone, attach the wind shield (foam or fur-type) to reduce the wind noise.
NOTE: Universal type wind shields may also be purchased separately from third party manufacturers.
If the camcorder has a Wind Noise Reduction feature, enable it by following these steps:
- From the screen of the camcorder, select MENU by tapping the LCD screen or using the multi-selector.
- Select Camera/Mic.
- Select the microphone icon.
- Select Wind Noise Reduct.
- Select On.
- Low frequency sound may not be recorded when the Wind Noise Reduction or Auto Wind NR feature is activated.
- When Wind Noise Reduct is set to On, Blt-in Zoom Mic is set to Off.