IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
This Q&A guides how to perform a forced Factory data reset in the situation that you cannot perform a normal factory data reset.
Example of the use situation:
- When the software crashed after a software update
- When the operation screen of the usual factory data reset doesn't open for some reason
WARNING: The Forced Factory data reset will clear all of your customized settings including the parental lock setting and followings.
- Google Account (Except for CN)
- System & Applications data
- Downloaded Applications
- Wireless network settings
- A forced Factory data reset can only be done if the TV has been upgraded to Android OS 6 (M) or later.
- This procedure may require two people.
- If you can access the TV menu, perform a Factory data reset instead.
- Depending on which TV model you have, the location of the buttons will vary.
- Some of application's data might be recovered if Apps synced with your Google account. (Except for CN)
- Android OS 6 (M):
HOME > Settings > Personal > Google > Select Choose synced apps in Sync > select items which sync with account > Sync now.
- Android OS 7 (N):
HOME > Settings > Google > Select Choose synced apps in Sync > select items which sync with account > Sync now.
- Android OS 6 (M):
Follow these steps to perform a force Factory data reset.
NOTE: When facing the back of your TV, the buttons are on the right.
The (-) button is directly below the Power button on the back of your TV.
- Unplug the TV's AC power cord (mains lead) from the electrical socket.
- Simultaneously press and hold down the Power and volume Down (-) buttons on the TV (not on the remote), and then (while holding the buttons down) plug the AC power cord back in.
Continue to hold the buttons down until the green LED light appears.
NOTE: It will take approximately 10-30 seconds for the LED light to turn green.
[A]: POWER button
[B]: volume Down (-) button
[C]: Rear of TV
- Release the buttons after the green LED light appears.
- Disregard what is happening on the TV screen.
- If the white LED light doesn't turn green within 30 seconds, start from Step 1 again.
- Wait a few minutes for the Factory data reset process to take place. The TV will reboot (turn on and off) twice.
Welcome setup screens will appear on the TV twice. Do NOT setup the first Welcome setup screen. The TV will auto Factory data reset within one minute of the first Welcome setup screen.
NOTE: If the TV doesn't turn back ON automatically, press the Power button to turn TV back ON.
- When the second Welcome setup screen appears, perform the setup.
NOTE: If the Welcome setup screen doesn't appear, unplug the AC power cord and then plug it back in.
If the forced Factory data reset didn't resolve the issue, go back to Step 1 again.