How to create playlists and transfer them to a device using Media Go
How can I create playlists to listen to my favourite tracks/songs in my desired order?
Refer to the following procedure for creating playlists and transferring them to a compatible device, such as the Walkman, using Media Go.
- A playlist is a list of tracks/songs to be played. You can collect your favourite tracks/songs and play them in your desired order.
- You can create playlists and transfer them to a compatible device, such as the Walkman, using Media Go.
- Media Go should be installed on your computer in advance.
Download Media Go from the following website:
Sony Media Go
- Launch Media Go and click Library - Playlists in the left menu (navigation pane).
[A] Left menu
- Click New Playlist in the menu displayed at the bottom of the window.
[C] New Playlist
- When the New Playlist window appears, enter the name of the playlist.
NOTE: Make sure that the created playlist appears in the left menu and in the Playlists pane.
Click Library - Music in the left menu, then select the tracks/songs you want to add to the created playlist.
- Selected tracks/songs will be highlighted in blue.
- When selecting multiple tracks/songs at the same time, click the tracks/songs while pressing the Ctrl key.
Click the Destination: pull down list displayed at the bottom of the window, and select the playlist you have created in Step 3 as the destination.
Then, click Add To to add the selected tracks/songs to the playlist.
[D] Add To
- Click Library - Playlists in the left menu. You can confirm the tracks/songs you have added.
- You can change the order of tracks/songs by dragging and dropping them.
Transfer the playlist to a compatible device, such as the Walkman.
- Launch Media Go, and connect the compatible device to the computer.
- Click Library - Playlists in the left menu, then select the playlist you want to transfer.
Confirm that the connected device appears in the pull down list for Destination:, then click Add Playlist To to start transferring the playlist.
[E] Add Playlist To
NOTE: Click displayed next to the name of the connected device in the left menu, then select the playlist you have transferred. If the tracks/songs you have added are displayed, the playlist has been correctly transferred to the device.
Once you have confirmed that the playlist has been correctly transferred, click next to the name of the connected device.
Make sure that the name has disappeared, then disconnect the device from the computer.