IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Panel refresh function is available for models equipped with an Organic EL (OLED) panel and are used to prevent image retention.
Panel Refresh will automatically run to adjust the panel uniformity of the TV screen after it has been in use for long periods of time.
When you turn off the TV with the remote, a pop-up appears to prompt this function.
You can also perform a refresh manually when image retention is noticeable, or when you see the following message: "Panel refresh did not finish…"
However, please do not perform this function more than once a year, as it may affect the lifespan of the panel.
If you want to manually run the Panel Refresh function, please follow the steps below:
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound → Expert panel settings → Panel refresh.
- Select Display → Expert panel settings → Panel refresh
- Due to the characteristics of the materials found in OLED displays, pixels may degrade and unevenness may become apparent on the TV screen.
- Performing a Panel Refresh may take approximately one hour to complete.
- A white line may be displayed on the screen during the refresh process, this is not a malfunction of the TV.
- This function will only work when the room temperature is between 50 ºF and 104 ºF (10 ºC and 40 ºC).