IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Check if your wireless noise-cancelling headphones pair with your mobile device using the NFC™ function after completing each step.
- Remove the headphones from the charging case and make sure they're turned on.
- Take the headphones out of the charging case as they automatically turn off when placed in the charging case.
- If the headphones are turned off, press the left and right buttons at the bottom for two seconds until the blue indicating lamps flash.
- The NFC function of the mobile device should be set to On and the screen should be unlocked.
- Keep the NFC logo of the mobile device close to the NFC logo of the charging case until the mobile device vibrates or plays a short sound.
NOTE: The image used below is for a WF-1000XM3 model.
- If the mobile device is in a protective case, remove the case.
- NFC sensitivity may vary. If you can't pair the headphones using NFC, you can connect to the Bluetooth® signal of the headphones by on-screen operation on the smartphone.
For details of how to connect with using the NFC function refer to the following Q&A:
How do I use the NFC function on my WF-1000X headset?