Firmware update for Sony’s 2015-2016 Android TVs (X94C, X93C, X91C, X90C, X85C, S85C, X80C, S80C, W85C, W80C, W75C, X830C, XD94, XD93, XD85 and SD85 Series) – Starting on 20th February 2019
We are pleased to announce that a new firmware update (5.417) will be released directly to your TV from 20th February 2019 and will gradually roll out to all Internet-connected TVs throughout the coming months.
This new firmware further enhances the TV’s performance by offering the following upgrades:
- Improves compatibility with the Home Theatre Control app
- Improves image quality when using HDMI inputs
- Improves image quality while watching HDR content for certain models
NOTE: For the full list of features and benefits or to download this firmware, please go to your specific TV product page.
The recommended way to receive this update is by ensuring that the Automatic software download setting on your TV is turned ON. Your TV should then receive the update automatically, in the coming weeks.
Alternatively, you can download the firmware from the European support site, and update your TV using a USB flash memory device.
Sony always takes customer feedback into consideration, striving for innovation and overall product quality.
[Applicable TV model series]
- 2015 Sony's Android TVs: X94C, X93C, X91C, X90C, X85C, S85C, X80C, S80C, W85C, W80C, W75C and X830C Series (download now)
- 2016 Sony's Android TVs: XD94, XD93, XD85 and SD85 Series (download now)
Unsure which TV series your model belongs to? Here are some examples: