How to operate the Soundbar using the TV remote control
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can operate the Sound Bar using a TV remote control when connected via HDMI cable and with the Control for HDMI function enabled. Use the TV remote to control:
- Power On/Off - You can turn the TV On or Off, and the Sound Bar will turn On or Off simultaneously.
- Volume adjustment - the volume of the Sound Bar is adjustable when the audio output setting of the TV is selected.
If the Sound Bar does not turn on at the same time as the TV, try the following steps:
- Enable HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) on the Sound Bar and the TV. For details about the settings, refer to each product manual.
- Turn ON the Control for HDMI function in the Sound Bar settings.
- Turn ON the BRAVIA Sync function if you have a BRAVIA TV.
Note! The function name is different on non BRAVIA TVs. Search for the settings related to the HDMI CEC function on your TV and set it to ON.
- Turn off both the TV and the Sound Bar.
- Turn on the TV using the TV remote control.
- Turn on the Sound Bar using the Sound Bar remote control.
- Turn off the TV and the Sound Bar using the TV remote control. Once the TV and the Sound Bar are off simultaneously, you will be able to turn them both on and off the next time.