How to transfer music files from internal memory to a microSD card on the NW-A100/ZX500 series Walkman
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Use a microSD card (not supplied) that has been formatted using your Walkman player to transfer or copy music files from the internal memory. You can refer to your model's Help Guide on our support website to learn how to format your microSD card.
You can also transfer or copy the music file from the microSD card to the internal memory by selecting SD card in step 4, and by selecting the Walkman model name in step 6.
NOTE: There are some precautions when handling a microSD card. Refer to the following article for more details: What points should be noted when using a microSD card?
How to transfer music files from internal memory to a microSD card
- Insert the microSD card into your Walkman.
- Make sure the SD card icon is displayed at the top of the screen.
NOTE: If the icon does not appear, the microSD card has not been inserted correctly or is not being recognised. Remove the microSD card and insert it again.
- Swipe the Home screen upwards and then select Files from the menu.
Select the Walkman model name.
NOTE: If you don't see your Walkman model name, tap the (options menu) icon in the top right corner of the screen. Then select Show Internal Storage.
- Select the Music or Download folder.
NOTE: The location where the file is saved differs depending on the streaming service or app.
- Select the music file you want to move by pressing it for about one second, then tap the (options menu) icon in the top right corner of the screen. Then select the Move to or Copy to function.
NOTE: You can select multiple music files and move them at the same time.
- In the Music or Downloads screen (the folder selected in step 5), tap the (menu) icon and then select SD card.
- In the SD card screen, tap to select the Music folder, and then tap MOVE or COPY.
- In the Music or Downloads screen (the internal memory folder selected in step 5), make sure that the music file you moved is gone.
NOTE: If you only copied the file, the original will remain.
- Open the Music folder on the SD card and check that the music file that you have moved or copied is there.