How to change the lock screen settings.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- In the Apps screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Location & security.
- In the Location & security screen, tap to select Configure lock screen.
- In the Configure lock screen, tap to select the desired lock and security setting.
- Off: Never lock the screen
- Not secured: Lock the screen but do not require a pattern, PIN or password to unlock it. (this is the factory default setting)
- Pattern: Require a pattern to unlock the screen.
- Pin: Require a numeric PIN to unlock the screen.
- Password: Require a password to unlock the screen.
NOTE: The following lock and security setting are available: