Learn how to use Sony's support website to find your product page, manuals, firmware/software updates or drivers, as well as product specifications. The best way to find information about your product is to first reach your model's product page before searching for keywords.
- How to find your product page
- How to find and use manuals and Help Guides (online & PDF)
- How to find Firmware/Software update/Drivers
- Where to find product specifications
The product page is always the best place to start. The search bar on the product page is narrowed down to your product only, which helps you find the most relevant results.
- Find out what your model name is. If you're unsure, please visit Where to find the model name and serial number?.
- Type your model name (e.g., KD-43X89J or WH-1000XM5) in the search bar on Sony's support website, then click the Search button.
- You can also click on your product name using the predictive search feature.
- Make sure you type your model name correctly, including the hyphen (-), if applicable. The predictive search feature will help you type the model correctly.
Once you're on your product page, you'll find your product's Manual and Help Guide under the Manuals tab. They're a great place to start when you want to know more about procedures, settings and problem-solving. (e.g. how to reset your device).
- Most products offer an extensive Help Guide, which you can access via the product page.
- The online Help Guide has a convenient search bar that will help you find information in the guide quickly. Insert keywords related to your topic: reset, pairing, settings, etc., to find relevant information.
- In most instances, you can download the online Help Guide as a PDF file.
- Alternatively, there are downloadable PDF Manuals (Operating Instructions/Reference Guide/Startup Guide). These PDF manuals can be downloaded or printed for offline use.
- Press CTRL + F on your keyboard to activate the PDF search, which allows you to look for keywords. In some cases, you can click on the index menu to fast-travel to that section.
Find, download, and learn how to install the latest firmware/software updates or drivers by clicking on the Downloads tab for your model.
With the latest updates, you can enjoy:
- New functions.
- Solutions to known issues.
- Improved connectivity or compatibility.
If you click a download, you will access the download page. You will find your download file, as well as the applicable models, system requirements as well as a brief explanation of how to perform the installation.
You can get notifications about future firmware releases by downloading and bookmarking your product in the Support By Sony mobile app.
Want to know more about your product's features, functions or other specifications? Each product page has a 'Specifications' link available under the model name.
- TIP: there's a lot of information on a specification page, so press CTRL+F on your keyboard to use the search function and locate the information you need more quickly. On mobile, access the browser menu and use the "find on page" function.