How to connect your mobile device to your TV via NFC
Use NFC to connect your BRAVIA TV to your mobile device
You can connect your BRAVIA TV and NFC-enabled mobile device just by tapping your device against the TV remote.
You'll need to set up NFC first. Here's a step-by-step guide.
First, find your TV's model number
You'll need to know this because different TVs have different set-up processes.
For model numbers:
- Switch on NFC (near field communication) on your mobile device
- Hold the device against the mark on the TV remote for 2 seconds
- You should see a confirmation message on the bottom of the TV screen telling you that NFC is set up
For any other NFC-enabled Sony TV
- Turn on the TV and press the HOME button on your remote
- Select Settings > One-touch Remote Control Setup > Register
- Follow the instructions on screen
- Switch on NFC on your mobile device
Now your smartphone and TV are prepared, you can connect them. Make sure your device is unlocked first.
- Hold the back of your smartphone against the back of the TV remote
- A message will confirm that you're connected