Automatic firmware update is one way to automatically reboot and easily update the Walkman using the Media Go application.
Prior to performing the software update, make sure to check the following:
- The Walkman must be connected to the computer
- Make sure the Media Go application is being used on the computer
- Make sure the computer is connected to the network (router) so that the Walkman will detect any software update available
- If a software update is found, install the latest software available for the Walkman
- The Media Go application can only update the software of the Walkman
- Not all Walkman models are compatible with the Media Go software. For further details, check the instruction guide that came with the Walkman
- The ways on how the Walkman is updated varies depending on the software update available. For further details on the supported update methods, refer to the automatic firmware update function of the Walkman
To update the Walkman, please follow these steps below:
- Make sure the Walkman is connected to the computer and not used when performing the update.
- Charge the battery of the Walkman fully before the update
- Signing in as an Administrator may be required before the software update.
- Connect the Walkman to the computer.
- On your computer, launch the Media Go application.
- On the left pane of the Media Go screen, click WALKMAN.
- On the Update WALKMAN Software screen, click Install.
NOTE: If the update message does not appear, the software update is unnecessary.
- As the update notification window appears, read through it. On the bottom right, check the box for I agree to the above.
- Click Update now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the software update.
- Once the software is complete, click OK.
NOTE: If you are using an Walkman with Android OS, set USB auto connection to on.
Troubleshooting other issues when performing a software update
- The update notification window does not appear on the computer. To fix the issue, check the following.
- Check whether the computer is connected to an active Internet connection
- Terminate the Media Go application, then restart the computer
NOTE: Once a software update is available, a notification message will appear on the overview window of the Walkman
- How to downgrade the software installed to the Walkman to its previous version
The software installed to the Walkman cannot be downgraded to its previous version. You can only install the latest version.