STR-DN850 / DN1050 firmware to version s9602.1328.0
Improves network connectivity for the Spotify application
This information is applicable for the following STR models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- Improves network connectivity for the Spotify application
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Makes your STR compatible with Deezer music service and SongPal mobile application (from v1.2 onwards)
Restrictions: Only for use with AV Receiver sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- AV Receiver firmware to version s9602.1328.0
Your firmware may already be up to date, especially if you have a new AV receiver model. If the version number is 1328 (s9602.1328) or higher, you do not need to update.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Turn on your TV and check it's tuned to the input your AV Receiver is connected to, so if the receiver is connected to the HDMI 2 socket, choose HDMI 2 as the input
- Turn on the AV Receiver
- Press HOME on the remote control and wait until the home menu is displayed on the television before proceeding
- At the Home menu, highlight Settings and press Enter using the arrow keys on the remote control
- At the Settings menu, highlight System Settings then press Enter using arrow keys on the remote control
- On the TV screen, the firmware version number looks like this:
"Software Version s9602.1328.0" - if the version number is 1328 (s9602.1328) or higher, you already have the most recent firmware version
What you need:
- an Ethernet cable to connect your AV Receiver to the internet
- an active internet connection
- a compatible TV
How to make sure the update goes smoothly
Updating is usually very simple. Here's how you can make sure it goes right first time:
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up damaging your AV Receiver
- Don't turn the AV Receiver off - or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions
Set up the equipment:
- Turn on your TV and check it's tuned to the input your AV Receiver is connected to, so if the receiver is connected to the HDMI 2 socket, choose HDMI 2 as the input.
- Connect the LAN terminal on the AV Receiver to your internet source using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the AV Receiver.
Get the update:
- Press HOMEon the remote control and wait until the home menu is displayed on the television before proceeding
- At the Home menu, highlight Settings then press Enter using the arrow keys on the remote control
- At the Settings menu highlight System Settings then pressEnter using arrow keys on the remote control
- Highlight Network Update and press Enter using the arrow keys on the remote control
- Press Start on the remote control. - The download process starts and you see the download screen on the television
- After the download is complete, the update will start. The ON/STANDBY light on the front panel starts blinking (the display on the TV screen and on the display window of the receiver disappears)
- The message COMPLETE appears on the display panel after the software update is finished
- The AV Receiver will automatically restart. Don't use or turn off the receiver until the update is complete
- Check the firmware version. If the version number is 1328 (s9602.1328), the firmware update was successful
Questions & Answers
What to do if you have problems updating your AV Receiver firmware using the internet.
The message "The receiver failed to download the update data while performing the software update. Enter the settings menu and update the software again." shows on the TV screen.
The problem might be with the network connection.
- Check the LAN cable is connected.
- In the network settings, check you have confirmed whether or not your AV Receiver has its own IP address
- Try the update again
The power went off while the update was in progress.
Turn the receiver on and try the update again.
Still not working? Please contact Sony Customer Support