This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Improved BRAVIA Sync feature connectivity
- Only for use with the products sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- 2.86 MB (3,004,505 byte)
Check the firmware version
Your firmware may already be up to date, especially if you have a new Sound Bar. If the version number is 1.12 or higher, you do not need to update.
After checking the version, all settings will return to factory reset mode.
Recommend to take the memo for the previous setting as necessary.
Then, the pairing information of Bluetooth connection with smartphone/Bluetooth TV will be deleted. The pairing operation is required again after version checking.
step  if a button other than [VOLUME+] is pressed, the LED will light up, but will not display any relevant software information.
- When power is on, check the normal start-up status.
- On remote control, press [PLAY/PAUSE] → [PLAYMODE] → [↓(CURSOR DOWN)] → [↑(CURSOR UP)] buttons in order. This will display version stand-by state. (All LEDs will blink.)
- Press [VOLUME+] button. Version number will display as below.
Version number display pattern: A.BC
- TV LED flash times: first number (A)
- BLUETOOTH LED flash times: first digit of decimal number (B)
- USB LED flash times: second digit of decimal number(C)
Example: version 1.12
- Check the software version. (If the software version is up to date, the software update will not be needed.)
- After checking the version, press the power button, exit version-checking mode, then press the power button again to switch the power off.
1. Preparation: how to prepare a USB storage device for the firmware update
- Use USB storage device formatted by FAT32. Do not use FAT16, exFAT, NTFS drivers.
- Recommended OS for downloading software and transferring update file to USB memory:
Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1
- Connect the USB device to your PC and make sure you format it, selecting the FAT32 file system
- Make sure your PC is connected to the Internet
- Download the update file to your PC
- File name: 18VK_M.zip
- File size: 2.86 MB (3,004,505 byte)
Note: The update will not be performed if the file is not copied to the root directory of the USB device or if the name of the file is modified
2. Update: how to update the firmware of the main unit using the USB storage device
- Read the instructions carefully or you may damage your HT-SF200/HT-SF201
- Do not turn off the HT-SF200/HT-SF201 or disconnect it from the power it is updating
- Do not press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions
- Do not pull out a power cord during update of the software.
- Do not pull out a power cord until the update has completed. It may cause the system to fail.
- Turn on the Sound Bar. Wait for the LED screen to revert to the previous input display.
(Example: “TV” selected in previous input.)
- Insert USB containing the update file
- Press and hold [BLUETOOTH] + [POWER] touch panel buttons together for 5 seconds, keep holding until the USB LED lights up.
- The LED screen will show when the update process has begun, the LED will display as shown when updating has begun. After update, the bar will automatically power ON.
The update process takes about 3 minutes
- Check the firmware version. If the version number is 1.12, the firmware update was successful.