This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Fixes an issue where the IC Recorder or remote control is disabled after using REC Remote on a device with iOS 13
Target PC environments
- macOS v10.13-10.15
- 12.4 MB
Check the firmware version
ICD-TX800 with firmware lower than version 1.01. If the firmware version of the unit is already 1.01, there is no need to perform this firmware update.
How to check the model and the firmware version
Please follow the steps below to check the model and the firmware version.
- Press and hold the BACK/HOME button on the remote control until the Home menu appears.
- Select Settings → Common Settings → System Information
Confirm the model and the firmware version.
- Once updated, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please back up all data from the unit to the computer in advance, as data that is stored in the unit may be lost during the update. We cannot guarantee that tracks and data will not become corrupted or lost during this update.
- The unit requires about 40 MB of free space for the update. Please check the size using the steps below.
- When downloading the programme and updating the firmware, log on to the computer using the administrator name or any name which belongs to the administrator.
- Please restart your IC Recorder. (Slide the Hold/Power switch towards "Power" and hold it there for eight seconds.)
- Click the Download button to start the update programme.
- Once the download has completed, connect your IC Recorder to your PC via USB connection.
- Please close any other software running on your computer.
- Double-click the saved file and follow the instructions in the displayed message.
- Do not disconnect the unit from the PC during the update.
- The USB connection is controlled automatically, and the "Connecting USB" indicator switched off during the update.
- A USB disconnect message may appear on some computers.
Note for macOS 10.15 users:
The first time that the update tool is started up in macOS 10.15, a dialogue window that reads, ["Software Update Tool" would like to access files on a removable volume.] will appear. If you click [OK], the update will start. If you click [Don't Allow], an error message will appear and the update will fail.
- When the update completion message appears, click the Finish button.
After the update, confirm that the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Check the firmware version] section.
If the firmware version shown is "1.01", the upgrade was successful.