The following describes how to download and install the audio driver update Yamaha DS-XG version 5.12.01.2239 on the VAIO model PCG-F808K with Windows 2000 preinstalled.
- Prepare a new folder in theC:\directory to place the file downloaded from the web - Name itDownloadfolder.
- Download theAudio Chip Driversfile for your VAIO model into theDownloadfolder.
- When the download is complete, right-clickMy Computerand clickExplore. Once inWindows Explorer, click theViewmenu and clickDetails. Browse to the location of your file to check the size of it. If the driver size is the same, your download has been successfully completed, if the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and restart the download.
- Extract the downloaded:ACD_Yam_512012239.exe(3,637 KB) file into the download folder.
- Please make sure you are logged on as an administrator.
- Open Device Manager.
- Double-clickSound Video and Game Controllers.
- Double-clickYamaha DS-XG PCI Audio CODEC(WDM)to open the properties.
- Select theDriverstab and clickUpdate driver.
- SelectDisplay a list of the known drivers…and clickNext.
- ClickHave Disk.
- ClickBrowseand point toC:\Download\
- ClickOpenand click OK.
- SelectYamaha DS-XG PCI Audio CODEC(WDM)and clickNext.
- ClickYeswhen theUpdate Drivermessage is displayed.
- ClickNextto finish the installation and restart you VAIO
- 32 bit
- 3.46 Mb