This information is applicable for the following TV models:
- KDL-40NX710 / NX713 / NX715
- KDL-46NX710 / NX713 / NX715
- KDL-55NX810 / NX813 / NX815
About this download
Updating is simple and with the newest firmware version, you can get even more from your TV.
- Name: PKG5.060EUS-0108
- Date released: 12/01/2015
- Benefits and improvements:
- This update enables TLS1.0 to ensure the security of internet applications, and improves the already existing SSL3.0
- Restrictions: only for use with TV sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Your firmware may already be up to date, especially if you have a new Bravia TV model.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu
- Navigate to Product Support category and press OK.
- Navigate toSystem Information and press OK.
- On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear like this: PKG5.060EUS-0108- if the version number is PKG5.060EUS-0108 or higher you already have the most recent firmware
Follow the simple steps below to update your TV firmware. Once you have updated, all your personal settings on the TV will remain the same.
What you need
- a computer with access to the internet
- a USB memory stick
- a compatible TV
How to make sure the update goes smoothly
Updating is usually very simple. Here's how you can make sure it goes right first time:
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Don't turn the TV off - or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating.
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start with the firmware update.
Download the update
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the internet and save it to a USB stick
- Read and accept the terms and conditions below and click download file.
- When prompted, save the file to your Desktop. When the update download is complete, check that the file size is 48,263,023 bytes. To do this, right click the file, select properties and check the size in the General tab.
- Open Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded sony_tvupdate_2010_0560_eus_.zip , and unzip it. A folder called sony_dtv0FA00A00A0A0_00060100 will now be created in your local drive.
- Copy the folder to your USB device.
Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file, you can install it on your TV. Just follow the simple steps below.
The process can take up to 5 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on.
- Turn on the TV.
- Insert your USB device containing the file sony_dtv0FA00A00A0A0_00060100 into the USB slot of the TV set.
- Follow the on screen instructions
- The POWER indicator will be green for 30 seconds, followed by the PIC OFF/TIMER indicator slowly flashing amber, and the STANDBY indicator is red.
- After several minutes, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update.- Do not remove the USB device or turn off the TV set.
- When the firmware update is completed, a message is displayed on the TV set.: "The system update is complete."or"Newer version not detected."
- Remove your USB device from the USB slot.
- Check the update was successful by following the steps in Do I need to update? - If the version number is PKG5.060EUS-0108 , your TV set has been correctly updated.
Questions & Answers
Need more information? See our FAQs about updating firmware over the internet
FAQ's and Troubleshooting
Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
Can I install an older version of Firmware?
To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older firmware is not possible.
During the update process the TV turns off
It is normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new firmware.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware using the internet.
One of these messages appears on the TV screen: "An error occurred during the software update", or "Software cannot be updated using this USB device"
- Make sure your USB device is in good working order. If it is, try downloading the update file again.
- Turn off the TV by pressing the POWER button on the TV set.
- Press the POWER button again, and proceed with the installation process again.
"No newer version of the TV software was found" is displayed on the TV front panel display
Your TV already has newest firmware version installed, so you don't need to update it.