I am experiencing intermittent connections to my ISP when my VAIO is connected to the docking station.
Please follow the installation procedure carefully. Sony Corporation is not responsible for any problems caused by customers improper installation procedure. Sony does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage caused by the installation of any of the downloaded drivers/utilities.
Please note that this program is only for the Sony VAIO notebooks stated below. Without limitations, you may not reproduce, copy, rent, lease, or sell these drivers/utilities. Unauthorized use of these drivers/utilities violates copyright and other intellectual property rights and Sony reserves all rights. Sony, VAIO and the VAIO logo are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Microsoft, MS, MS-DOS, Windows and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners
1. Download instructions
- Create a new folder to place the file downloaded from the web - Name itDownload.
- Download theUSB Ethernet Driversfile into theDownloadfolder (NWD_klsi_33200.exe(41KB)).
- When the download is complete, right-clickMy Computerand clickExplore. Once inWindows Explorer, click theViewmenu and clickDetails. Browse to the location of your file to check the size of it. If the driver size is the same, your download has been successfully completed, if the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and restart the download.
- TheKLSI USB Ethernet.exefile you have downloaded is a self extracting file.
- UseWindowsExplorerand enterKLSI USB Ethernet.exeto open the file.
- Double-click theNWD_klsi_33200.exeicon - AWinZip Self-Extractordialogue box appears.
2. Driver update instructions
After downloading the driver, follow the instructions below to update the driver in Windows.
- Make sure your VAIO is properly connected to the docking station.
- Start your VAIO.
- On your desktop, right-click the iconMy Computer, and clickProperties.
- In theSystem Propertieswindow, click theDevice Managertab and double-click theNetwork adapters.
- Double-click theKlsi USB-Ethernet Device Adapterand click theDrivertab and clickUpdate drive
- Follow the on-screen instructions of theUpdate Device Driver Wizard.
- SelectSearch for a better driver than the one your device is using nowand clickNext.
- Select onlySpecify a location, clickBrowseand point to the downloaded driver location.(i.e.C:\ Download)
- ClickNextto finish the installation.
- Shut down your VAIO, restart it and get the BIOS defaults.
3.Update driver for internal Conexant modem
In order to resolve your issue completely, it is also necessary to update the driver for the internal Conexant modem of your VAIO. You will find the relevant driver update and the installation procedure on our web site under the download section for the PCG-F700 series.
- 32 bit
- 41 Kb