Make sure the computer meets the system requirements of your camera and install the supplied software and camera driver if necessary (confirm that you have administrator rights).
Check if the [USB Connect Setting] of the camera [setup-menu] is set to [AUTO] or [Mass Storage] and the storage card is inserted and correctly detected inside the camera.
NEX cameras menu
SLT/DSLR cameras menu
Confirm that the battery of the camera is sufficiently charged or use an AC-adapter (available as accessory).
Connect the camera directly to an USB port that is build into the computer using the USB cable that was supplied with the camera; do not use a port replicator or USB hub.
- Turn the computer on and wait until it has booted completely.
Depending on your computer and the operating system the computer should now automatically detect the USB connection from the camera and install the appropriate driver.
- A confirmation message will be displayed in the taskbar when you are ready to use the device.
If the Auto Play window does not pop up check if the camera is listed as a removable disk in the Windows Explorer.
NOTE: If the “Device Stage” window does not open when you connect the camera to a computer equipped with Windows 7 or later, set [USB Connect Setting] to [Auto].
If the camera is not detected check the following things:
- Disconnect devices from the USB jack of the computer other than the keyboard, mouse, and your camera.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer and your camera, and restart the computer, then connect the computer and your camera again in the correct order.
- Connect the camera to another USB port.
- Connect the camera using another USB cable.