- Invalid e-mail address or password
- MySony Account is locked
- Making changes to a MySony account
- How to link MySony with other Sony service accounts
- How to enable 2-step verification?
- What if I can't find the product I want to register?
Step 1: Check if you’ve entered your registered e-mail address correctly.
There might be a character out of place, or you might be using a wrong e-mail address:
- My Sony is linked to other Sony accounts such as PlayStation Network, Sony Home Entertainment, Xperia and more: you can use the same e-mail address linked to your other Sony accounts to log in to My Sony.
- If you created a Sony account in the past and did not verify via e-mail within the specified timeframe (72 hours), you won’t be able to use that account. Remember that this applies to all Sony services. Log in to this unverified account, resend the activation/verification link and activate your account via email.
Step 2: Use the “Forgot my password” function
You can reset your password by trying the following password reset options:
- Provide the date of birth you registered
- Answer your security question
- Mobile verification (How to enable 2-step verification – link to below)
Once you’ve successfully followed the steps, you will receive a link to reset your password. If you did not receive an e-mail, please check your spam folder.
Otherwise, try to re-send the link or wait 24 hours and try again.
Note: our system immediately prompts you to contact support if you get one of the three options wrong. Be aware that you can still try the remaining options!
"The maximum number of failed login attempts has been reached. To protect your security, your account will be locked for 120 minutes."
After waiting 120 minutes, make sure the Caps Lock or Num Lock on your keyboard are not interfering with the way you are entering your password.
Alternatively, just reset your password using the Forgot your password feature.
How to change your account information (E-mail, password & address)
- Login to your Sony account
- Go to [My Account Details]
- Proceed with updating the fields concerned
I want to delete my Sony account
We would be sorry to see you go, but you can remove your account by following these steps:
- Login to your Sony account
- Click on [My Account Details]
- Scroll down to the bottom and select [Remove account]
If you have an existing account with a different Sony service, you can log into My Sony with your other account details. You will then receive a prompted message asking you to upgrade your account. You might have to provide some additional information before completing the upgrade. Vice versa, once you’ve created a MySony account, you can use that account to log in to other Sony Services.
You can link your accounts for the following online services from the Sony group:
Services available from Sony Europe:
- My Sony
- Sony Community
Services available from other Sony group companies:
- Xperia Lounge
- Xperia Store
- Developer World
- PlayStation™ Network
- PlayStation™ Plus
- PlayStation™ Video
- PlayStation™ Music
- PlayStation™ Now
- PlayStation™ Vue
- Log in to My Sony, select [My Account] and scroll down to [Change Other Security Details].
- Select [2 Step Verification] (on the bottom of the page) and select [Edit].
- Input your phone number.
- You will receive a 6-digit code to activate 2 step verification.
If you are unable to receive your 2-step verification code for any reason, you can still sign in using a backup code. You will receive ten codes that you can each use only once.
- First, please make sure the product you want to register is a Sony Electronics product (this includes TV, audio and photography products). If you have a Sony Mobile device (Xperia) or a Sony professional product, you should visit one of the following pages:
- Sony Mobile (Click on the portrait icon on the upper right-hand side of the page to log in)
- Sony Professional
- Sony PlayStation
- If you're confident your product is a Sony Electronics product, and you've manually typed the product name but cannot find it, please try to find it using the drop-down menu.
- If you purchased your product in a region other than Europe (e.g. Asia-Pacific, Americas, etc.), please go to the relevant region’s website to register your product. Products purchased outside of Europe cannot currently be registered in My Sony. We apologise for this inconvenience.
- If the first two options do not help, your product might be missing in our database. Please contact us to confirm this.