Follow these steps to reinstall USB drivers.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
- In the System and Maintenance window, click Device Manager.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the Device Manager window, click the plus (+) next to Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand the selection.
- Under the Universal Serial Bus controllers listing, click to select the appropriate USB listing.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- On the Action menu, click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Uninstall window, click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
- The operating system will find the device and automatically reinstall the drivers.
- If prompted for the driver installation disk, in the Add New Hardware window, type C:\Windows\inf.
- It may be necessary to configure the operating system to show all files before trying to access the C:\Windows\inf file.
- If the USB drivers fail to install, you can roll back to the previously install drivers .