This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Improves secure communication
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Firmware update 6.28
Check the firmware version
If the version is displayed as 6.05 or earlier (SRS-HG1) 6.14 or earlier (SRS-HG10), we strongly recommend for you to update the firmware.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of the firmware you currently have:
- Connect the unit to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone, using Sony | Music Center (SongPal) application.
- Start up Sony | Music Center (SongPal) application on your smartphone.
- Select your speaker.
- Select Settings.
- Select Other Settings (for SRS-HG1) or System (for SRS-HG10).
- Confirm the your Speaker firmware version.
Download & Install
The software Update is available via internet (network). Please check the following steps.
- If the power indicator on the unit keeps flashing in green, even after pushing the power button, push the RESET button located at the bottom of the unit.
- Please make sure your unit is connected to a power outlet via the USB AC adaptor before starting the update.
- Connect to a power supply outlet.
Note: the software update cannot be performed when using battery power only.
- Use the USB AC adapter and supplied micro USB cable to connect the unit's DC IN 5V port to a power outlet.
- Connect to the internet (network)
- Connecting using Sony | Music Center (SongPal) application on your mobile device
- Connecting via Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Connecting using a PC
Note: For details, please refer to the unit's instruction manual
- If the speaker is turned on, press the (on/standby) button, and turn it off.
- Plug the AC power cord connected to the AC adaptor into an AC outlet securely.
Note: The software update cannot be performed when the unit is only relying on the battery for power
- Press the (on/standby) button to turn the power on.
- Wait until the LINK indicator stops flashing and stays lit in orange. Whenever a software update becomes available, the WPS/UPDATE button lights up.
- Tap and hold the WPS/UPDATE button until you hear beeps. When the software update starts, the WPS/UPDATE button starts flashing.
Note: The speaker is not operational while updating.
- The blinking (interval and condition) of the WPS/UPDATE button changes during the update progress.
- The WPS/UPDATE button turns off and the speaker switches to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically after the update is completed.
- Check the version by following the steps described under Check the firmware version to confirm the update has been performed successfully.
Questions & Answers
All the function LEDs are lit up
The software update failed. Press the (on/standby) button to turn off the speaker, then turn it on again. Make sure the speaker is connected to the internet and the WPS/UPDATE button is lit, then start updating again.