This article illustrates how to set up your TV for the first time:
- If your TV was supplied with a Touchpad remote (an optional accessory), an image of the remote will be displayed. Follow the visual instructions appearing on the screen to proceed.
- Then, select your preferred language on the "Welcome" screen. In this instance ENGLISH.
- Next, choose your preferred network settings on the "Select your Wi-Fi network" screen. You can either: select the wireless network you would like to connect to from the list of options available or - for a wired connection - use a LAN cable.
- After choosing your network, an "Enter password..." screen will appear. Press the OK button on your remote, while the text field is highlighted, to activate the on-screen keyboard. Then, input the password for your network and press NEXT/ENTER or FINISH to proceed.
NOTE: You can also use a USB keyboard to input your password.
- On the "Sign in to Google" screen, you will have three options:
a. USE YOUR PHONE OR LAPTOP
b. USE YOUR PASSWORD
Select your preferred option.
NOTE: For easy Google sign-in, choose USE YOUR PASSWORD and fill in your details.
If you decide to use the option USE YOUR PHONE OR LAPTOP, your phone/laptop needs to be connected to the same network. This is the recommended option if you would like to hide your Google account and password being displayed on your TV screen. After selecting the USE YOUR PASSWORD, follow the on-screen instructions displayed on your TV.
NOTE: Please be aware that if you skip this section, you may need to sign in later to access certain Google apps and/or services on your Sony's Android TV.
A confirmation message: "Your device is connected" will appear on your screen indicating that the connection has been successful.
Regardless of the sign-in option you choose, the next screen with the message: "Success" will show that you have signed into your Google account.
The following screen will display three options:
b. VIEW TERMS OF SERVICE
Select CONTINUE to proceed with the TV setup.
On the "Location" screen, choose either YES or NO on whether third party apps have permission to use your device's location.
Select your country.
The following screen "Upload TV Usage" agreement will be displayed.
NOTE: Please be aware that to continue with the TV setup, you must scroll down to the bottom of the screen using the down arrow button and then select the option AGREE.
After this, you will be required to enter a 4-digit PIN code. Apart from "0000", any other combination will be accepted. You will have to enter your new PIN twice: the first time to set your code and the second time to verify it matches what you've originally chosen. A new screen "PIN code has been set" will confirm that your new PIN has been activated.
NOTE: Please remember your PIN and/or store it in a safe place.
Your PIN code will be required when you change the Parental Lock settings or when you temporarily unblock the blocked digital/satellite service.
You will now have the chance to tune your satellite receiver. Either START the process or SKIP to tune your TV at a later date.
A new screen "Select the broadcaster type to automatically search for services" will now appear. Connect your TV cable before you choose the broadcast type for channel search, and choose one of the following:
a. DIGITAL AND ANALOGUE
After choosing your broadcast type, you need to optimise your sound system. Specify how your TV is positioned and choose either TABLE-TOP STAND or WALL MOUNT.
Finally, see if you want to "Enable Remote Start", a function that allows an external device to power on your device. Select either ON or OFF.
Your TV should now be ready. Select COMPLETE on the "Setup completed!" screen to continue onto the home menu.
You will then be taken to the Sony's Android TV Home screen.
NOTE: You can also manually initiate the TV setup at any time by following these steps:
[HOME] > [Settings]* > [TV - Auto start-up] > [YES]
TV - Auto start-up [YES]
- The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, model or firmware version.
- For Android Oreo (OSV-O), the settings icon is located in the top right-hand corner.