To make the most out of your Sony's Android TV, you should make sure to always keep it up to date with the latest firmware & software updates from Sony and Google. Updates for your TV will include key features and applications, as well as bug fixes and feature improvements.
Troubleshooting (Android TV): What are the benefits of restarting the TV and software updates? / Issues with the sound and screen.
IMPORTANT: Your TV must be connected to the Internet - through a wired or wireless network - in order to perform system updates. Alternatively, you can download the updates to a USB flash drive, and install the update on the TV via USB (see section 4 of this article).
- Checking if updates are available for your TV
- Downloading and Installing updates through the Internet directly
- Updating using a USB flash drive
1. Checking if updates are available for your TV
In order to receive software updates, make sure the Automatically check for update or Automatic software download setting from your TV is turned ON. This way, as soon as an update is available for your device, it will start downloading automatically. If you turned this setting OFF, you will have to manually check if updates are available for your TV.
- For AF9 and ZF9 Series
If the Automatically check for update setting is turned ON, the TV checks whether there is any new software to be downloaded when the TV is turned on or the TV is connected to the Internet.
- For other Android TV models
If the Automatic software download setting is turned ON, the TV will start downloading updates automatically during the standby mode.
To check whether the Automatically check for update or Automatic software download setting is turned ON or OFF, or to manually check if a system firmware update is available, follow these steps:
- Press the HOME button on your remote control
- Select Help.
For Android™ 8.0, select Apps, then select Help.
NOTE: You can also display the Help screen by pressing the HELP button on the remote control.
- Then, select System software update.
NOTE: The image below is an example of the TV with Android 6.0 or later.
- Then, check that the Automatically check for update or Automatic software download setting is set to ON.
At that point, your TV will start browsing for updates and will offer to download them if any are available.
NOTE: If the Automatically check for update or Automatic software download settings are turned OFF, check manually if there is an update.
To check it manually, select System software update with the procedure above, and then select Check for a system software update or Software update.
IMPORTANT (for TVs other than A9F_AF9, Z9F_ZF9 series ):
- Make sure the Automatic software download setting is set to ON by pressing the HELP button on the remote control > [System software update] > [Automatic software download]
- Manually check for updates once, by pressing the HELP button on the remote control > [System software update] > [Check for a system software update]
If an update is available for download, the procedure to download it will be the following:
For AF9 and ZF9 Series
A software update is available if a notification message for new software appears when you turn on the TV (the message will disappear automatically).
When you select UPDATE, the download and installation will start.
- The Software update will take about 15 minutes. You can use your TV as usual during an update. Even if you turn off the TV, the update proceeds.
IMPORTANT: Do not unplug the AC power cord (mains lead) from the outlet because the software update will stop.
- When you turn on the TV after an update is completed, the TV will start with new software.
If you turn off the TV after an update, the remote control may not work for about 1 minute.
- The message is shown only if Automatically check for update is set to ON.
The message is shown for about 15 seconds, and if the message disappears once, the message will not be displayed until 12 hours have passed since the previous message. If the message disappears and you want to update the software immediately, you need to update the software manually from Software update in the System software update menu.
For other Android TV models
The TV will ask if you wish to proceed with the download. Select UPDATE NOW to continue.
NOTE: The image below is an example.
- You can use your TV normally while it is downloading an update.
- If you select UPDATE LATER, a screen asking you whether to start the software update will be displayed when you turn off the TV. If you select No on that screen, the message will be displayed again the next time you turn on the TV. If you select Yes, the update will start.
Once the TV finishes downloading an update, it will then ask if you wish to install it.
Select OK to accept and start the installation. Alternatively, you can select Cancel, and proceed later with the installation of the update.
IMPORTANT: Be advised that installing an update can take up to 30 minutes, a time during which you will not be able to use your TV, and a screen with an update icon will be displayed.
WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. During the installation of the update, do not press any buttons, power off the TV or disconnect it from the AC power outlet. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware update may cause the TV set to become unresponsive or require a repair.
As soon as the installation of the update finishes, you can use your TV normally again.
If your TV doesn't have Internet access and/or you wish to do the update manually, you can do so using a USB flash drive, by downloading the update from the Sony support website.
To do so, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Sony support website
- Type your TV model name in the search box
If you do not know what your model number is, please check the sticker at the lower left corner of your TV's back panel.
Examples of correct model names are: KD-55X9305C | KD-65S8505C | KDL-55W805C
- Navigate to the "Downloads" section and select the Firmware download button
- Follow the instructions on the website to download the update to a USB flash drive, and perform the update on your TV.
Should you still experience problems after the firmware update, we suggest you try the following:
- Perform a power cycle by unplugging the AC power cord for 5 minutes and then re-inserting the power cord.
- Complete a factory reset : [Home] > [Settings]* > [TV] > [Storage and Reset] > [Factory data reset].
- The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, model or firmware version.
- * For Android Oreo (OSV-O), the settings icon is located in the top right-hand corner.
*Google, Android and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC.