IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If Screen mirroring doesn't work, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure both your TV and device are compatible with the Screen mirroring function.
You can check if your devices are compatible with the Screen mirroring function, or alternative screen-sharing methods, refer to the 2. Compatible devices and alternative methods section in the How to use the Screen mirroring function on my BRAVIA TV article.
- Make sure that the input of the TV is set to Screen mirroring, and the setup of your mobile device is completed.
- For details, refer to the How to use the function section in the How to use the Screen mirroring function on my BRAVIA TV article.
- Make sure there are no other wireless devices connected to the mobile device before setting up the Screen mirroring feature of the TV.
- Restart your smartphone.
Here's is an example of an Xperia phone. For specific operational details, refer to the instruction manual of your mobile device.
- Press and hold the Power button of the mobile device for few seconds.
- Tap Turn off.
- Press and hold the Power button again for few seconds to turn on the device.
- Restart the BRAVIA TV.
- For Android TV™: Using the supplied remote control, press and hold the Power button to restart the TV.
- For other TVs:
- Turn off the TV and remove the power cord (mains lead) from the wall outlet.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes, plug the power cord (mains lead) back into the outlet, and then turn on the TV.
- For Android TV, set the Bluetooth settings of the TV to Off by following the steps below:
- Using the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Scroll down to Settings and press the Select button.
- Scroll down to NETWORK & ACCESSORIES.
- Select Bluetooth settings and press the Select button.
- Select Bluetooth On and press the Select button.
- Highlight Off and press the Select button.
- If the issue is not resolved, or the connection is unstable, try one of these alternative methods:
- For mobile devices: Mirror, cast, or display the content or screen of a mobile device on the TV screen
- For computers (Android TV): How to wirelessly display the computer screen on the TV
Additional points of information on Screen mirroring
- The video quality may be degraded due to environmental interference.
- This feature does not require entering a password. If in case, it asks for a password, turn off the Wi-Fi Direct mode of the mobile device if there is any.
- Select BRAVIA TVs and Xperia mobile devices are compliant with the Screen mirroring function using the Miracast technology. The Screen mirroring function using a mobile device from other manufacturers is not guaranteed to work.