The Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature allows you to transfer audio from the TV to a Home Theatre receiver and listen to your TV's audio through your Home Theatre audio system instead of the TV's speakers without having to connect a second cable between the TV and Home Theatre system.
This solution is designed to assist you when the ARC feature is not working and both the TV and audio system are compatible with the ARC feature .
Make sure the Control for HDMI option of both products is set to On in the menu systems. Additionally, make sure that a high-speed HDMI cable is being used and that it is securely connected to the HDMI ports labeled ARC on both products.Find out how to activate the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature
If only one of the products supports ARC, it is necessary to connect the products as shown in the diagram below to send sound from the TV to the audio system.
- If model-specific information is needed to turn on the Control for HDMI option or to determine whether your product supports ARC, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
- Make sure that a high-speed HDMI cable is being used and that it is securely connected to the HDMI ports labeled ARC on both products.
- Some TVs with multiple HDMI inputs will only support the ARC feature on one of the inputs. In these cases the input will be marked with the letters ARC.
- If one of the devices does not support “HDMI Control”, audio cannot be heard through ARC.
Perform a power reset on the TV and audio system, as follows:
- Turn off the TV and the audio system.
- Disconnect the power cords (mains lead) and HDMI cord from both the TV and audio system. Leave it disconnected for about a minute.
- Reconnect the HDMI cord to the ARC HDMI input of the TV and ARC HDMI out of the audio system, depending on the model of the audio system used. Some A/V receivers have Out A and Out B, so please make sure to connect the HDMI cord to the HDMI ARC out of the audio system that is labeled ARC.
If there are any third party external devices connected to the ARC HDMI input A/V receiver like a cable box, satellite receiver, or a gaming console, make sure to disconnect these devices and leave the connection between the TV and the audio system ( such as an A/V receiver or a Sound bar).
NOTE: Third-party devices may cause the Control for HDMI function of the TV and the audio device to quit working.
It is possible to perform a Clear Data or Cache from External Input Services Application on Sony's Android TV.
For Sony's Android TVs manufactured in 2015 (W75C, W80C, W85C, S80C, X80C, X83C, X85C, X90C, X93C and X94C).
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Select Settings.
- Under the TV category, select Apps.
- Select System apps.
- Select External Input Services.
- Select Clear data and choose OK.
- Select Clear cache and choose OK.