Follow the steps below if you are getting a blank screen when trying to access Netflix channels, and there is a network activity icon spinning in the upper-right and a Netflix icon is flashing in the upper-left corner:
NOTE: Each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue. We recommend checking the Netflix app works after completing each step.
- Make sure that your Internet video device is connected to a high-speed Internet connection.
NOTE: For watching Internet video content, we recommend using a connection speed of at least:
- 2.5 Mbps for standard definition (SD) content
- 10 Mbps for high definition (HD) content
- Reset all of the network equipment such as modem and router by powering off for 1 minute.
- Perform Refresh Internet Content.
- Unplug the power cord (mains lead) for your Internet video device, then plug it back in.
- Perform a software update on your Internet video device.
- If the other Internet Video channels are working, there may be a problem with the link between your device and Netflix. Follow these steps to re-link your device with Netflix:
- Unlink your Netflix account from your Internet video device.
- Link the Internet video device to your active Netflix account.
- Access Netflix channel on your Internet video device.
- Connect directly via Ethernet to your router and try again.
- Perform a Factory Reset on your Internet video device.
- If the issue still exists, contact Netflix customer support and/or your Internet Service Provider.
If the issue does not go away, it may be possible to resolve it by manually changing the Primary DNS to 18.104.22.168 and Secondary DNS to 22.214.171.124 in the Network Setup of the Sony product.
NOTE: The DNS servers above are public servers provided by Google. Both are subject to the Google Terms of Service.