IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow the steps below to perform a TV remote control software update:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Remotes & Accessories → Remote control → Software update.
- Select Remote control or Voice Remote Control → Software update.
- Select Touchpad Remote Control settings → Software update.
- If the message "Do you want to update your remote control now?" is displayed, you can update the software of the remote control. Follow the on-screen instructions and operate the remote control.
- If the remote control's software update proceeds, but fails every time, the battery power may be low. Replace the batteries, and then try updating the remote control's software again.
- If the message "Please use a Voice Remote Control to select this item" is displayed, the Bluetooth feature may have frozen temporarily. Remove and insert the batteries or reset the TV, and then try updating the remote control's software again.
- For how to reset an Android TV, refer to: How to reset an Android TV.
- For how to reset the other TV models, refer to: How to perform a power reset on a Sony non-Android TV.
- If the message "Your software is up to date" is displayed, you don't need to update the software.