The two most common methods to allow the television sound be heard through the speakers of a stereo receiver or home theater system are:
- HDMI connection using the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature
- Connection using Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio Cable
Follow the instructions below for either of these two methods:
NOTE: Separate steps are available when connecting a disc player, cable set-top box, satellite receiver or other source device to the audio system.
Option 1: HDMI connection using the ARC feature:
- Both devices being connected must support the ARC feature. HDMI ports may be marked with ARC to show which one to use. If not, check your product manual or specifications to see if the ARC feature is supported.
- If you find that your TV, A/V receiver or home theater system does not support ARC, you will need to use Option 2: Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio Cable to connect your devices.
- Make sure that both devices support ARC functionality.
- Make sure that the TV and receiver are connected using an HDMI cable.
- Connect the cable to the HDMI port that is labeled ARC or the port identified in your manual that supports ARC.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on both the TV and the receiver or home theater system.
NOTE: The steps required to enable the Control for HDMI feature may vary. Check the operating instructions supplied with the devices for model-specific steps.
More information and troubleshooting information about the ARC feature:
How to activate the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature
No sound when connecting my TV via ARC (Audio Return Channel)
Option 2: Connection using Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio Cable:
- Connect a Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio cable to the Audio Output jack of the television.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the corresponding jacks on the stereo receiver or home theater system.
NOTE: Depending on the stereo receiver or home theater system being used, the audio input may be labeled TV INPUT or VIDEO INPUT.
- Turn on the television.
- Set the television sound to the desired setting of either Fixed or Variable .
- Turn on the stereo receiver or home theater system.
- Set the stereo receiver or home theater system to the proper input.
Specific information on how to connect a TV Sound Bar to your television can be found here .