IMPORTANT: If you have an Android TV model, use the How do I power reset my Android TV article instead. This article only applies to Sony's non-Android TVs.
Follow the steps below to perform a power reset on a Sony non-Android TV:
- Turn the TV off.
- IMPORTANT: If you have a TV with an internal lamp, wait 5 minutes after switching off the lamp to allow the lamp to cool before proceeding with the next steps.
- Unplug the TV from the wall outlet.
- Leave the TV for 60 seconds without power supply.
- Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet.
- NOTE: If your TV was previously plugged into a power strip or surge protector, plug it directly into the wall outlet instead, in case the power strip or surge protector was causing a problem.
- Turn the TV on.
If the issue is not resolved, check out our BRAVIA TV Troubleshooting Guide.