The following FAQ explains the different options available for the USB HDD Recording and Twin Picture functionalities:
- USB HDD Recording (REC)
- Twin Picture
- USB HDD Compatibility
2K models: Allowing you to record live broadcasting, while still enjoying content from other inputs such as Blu-ray Discs, online streaming services and Internet browsing.
4K models (equipped with Twin Tuner): Allowing you to record one channel while watching another or still enjoy content from other inputs such as Blu-ray Discs, online streaming services and Internet browsing.
Full Timer Recording:
2K models: Allowing you to schedule recordings.
4K models (equipped with Twin Tuner): Allowing you to watch and schedule multiple channels simultaneously.
Event Duration Extension:
Extend the time before and after the recording time of your selected programme. For example, extending the start time by 5 minutes and end time by 10 minutes for a programme between 16:00-17:00 shown on the electronic programme guide (EPG), will record from 15:55-17:10 - displayed on the Timer List.
IMPORTANT: If two sequential programmes are set to record, and the Event Duration Extension causes an overlap, the earlier programme will have priority. For example: if the user sets the timer for a programme at 16:00-17:00 and another at 17:00-18:00, using the same timings, the first programme will be recorded between 15:55-17:10 and the second programme between 17:10-18:10.
The ability to delete Timer Recorded programmes from your TV. Use the following steps:
- Select Timer List
- Press the Action Menu button on the remote control
- Select Delete from the menu
- Check the timer/programme to be deleted and select Delete option
- Programmes can be scheduled to record from the electronic programming guide (EPG)
- The "Event Duration Extension" features extends the recording time (start/finish time) to avoid missing the recorded programme (full timer only)
- In order to cancel the timer recording, you will need to navigate to the "Timer List"
The ability to display your Blu-ray Player /DVD or other consumer electronic device via HDMI, and your TV (tuner) - side-by-side - simultaneously.
For more information on how to use Twin Picture, please see the following article: How to use the Twin Picture function on Sony's Android TV?
- Browser/Tuner, USB Tuner, Tuner/Tuner combinations are not available with Twin Picture
- The Twin Picture functionality only supports Digital RF (2K) and analog RF signals