How to use Google Cast on an Android device or iOS mobile device
Before proceeding, please check the following:
- The TV and the mobile device must be connected to the same network
- The Google Cast function is available on select mobile apps.
- Make sure the mobile device is running the latest version of the Google Cast-enabled app
- Your Android device must be using the Android 2.3 version or later in order to use the Cast feature
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch must be using the iOS 7.0 version or later in order to use the Cast feature.
- The Google Cast function works only when casting a video from an app such as YouTube on an Android TV. For details, refer to the URL below:
- The Google Cast-enabled app of the Android TV and the mobile device must be running the latest version.
- The Google Cast function works if the Android device has the Android 2.3 version or later, and iOS 7.0 version or later for an Apple iOS mobile device.
- Casting from the Google Chrome Internet browser on a mobile device is not supported.
Follow these steps to cast videos, TV shows or websites from a Google Cast-enabled app installed on an Android device or an Apple iOS mobile device to Sony's Android TV:
- Launch the Google Cast-enabled app on the mobile device.
- On the app screen, tap the Google Cast icon.
- Select the Android TV model.
- Tap Play to start playback.
- After tapping Play, the video from the app will now start playing on the TV screen.
- The Google Cast-enabled app shown in this example of the step 4 is the YouTube app.