IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
What do I need to enjoy 360 Reality Audio on my SRS-RA Wireless Speaker?
To enjoy 360 Reality Audio with your wireless speaker, you need the following:
- A smartphone
- A 360 Reality Audio compatible music streaming app
What music streaming services are compatible with 360 Reality Audio?
You can check the streaming services that provide 360 Reality Audio content in your country:
- Open the Sony | Music Center app, and then select the speaker.
- Select Settings.
- Select About 360 Reality Audio.
- Select Next.
- How to play 360 Reality Audio music using Amazon Music HD
- How to play 360 Reality Audio music using the nugs.net app
How do I play 360 Reality Audio music on my Wireless Speaker?
- On your smartphone, install a streaming service app that provides 360 Reality Audio content.
- Connect the speaker to the same Wi-Fi network as the smartphone.
- Select 360 Reality Audio compatible music, and then cast (play) it to the speaker.
You can tell you're streaming 360 Reality Audio content when the Sound Mode indicator on the wireless speaker will light up in cyan (a greenish-blue colour).
My speaker doesn't appear in the music streaming app
If the speaker does not appear as the playback device in the 360 Reality Audio compatible music streaming app, follow these steps:
- See if the smartphone and the speaker are connected to the same wireless router (Access Point).
Remember, you cannot play 360 Reality Audio music via a Bluetooth connection.
- Turn off the smartphone, and restart it. Sometimes, a simple reset can solve the issue.
- Unplug the power cord (mains lead) of the router from the outlet, and then plug it back in. Low Wi-Fi latency can cause interference during pairing. Latency can improve after a router reset.
- Unplug the AC power cord (mains lead) of the speaker from the outlet, and then plug it back in.