IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This article helps with an issue where you can't access IPTV apps on your TV (WE6, WE7 or XE70 Series), and an error occurs during software update.
Before you start
First, confirm if you’re experiencing one or more of the symptoms below:
- You launched your IPTV service, but the services in All Apps suddenly disappeared.
- You launched your IPTV service, but you received an Error code <22>.
- You tried to perform Refresh Internet Content manually, but you still can’t see any services visible in All apps. You tried unplugging and plugging the TV power cord back into the wall outlet, but that didn’t solve the issue.
- You tried to perform a manual software update, but your TV displayed an error dialogue with a 4057 error code.
How can I solve this issue and access IPTV apps again?
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to access IPTV apps on your TV again.
Step 1: Initialise personal information
- On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- At the bottom of the screen, select [Customer Support] → [Initialize Personal Information]. This will clear cached data or files.
- Next, try to manually refresh internet content by going to: [Settings] → [System Settings] → [Set-up] → [Network] → [Refresh Internet Content].
- If this doesn’t work, go to the next step.
Step 2: Reset your TV to factory settings
If Step 1 didn't work, go to [Customer Support] → [Factory Settings] to reset your TV to factory settings. Then go to the next step.
Step 3: Launch and update services
After completing Step 1 or 2, launch either of the following services: YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video or Maxdome. Then, follow the instructions to update the software. If the software update doesn't start automatically, go to the next step.
Step 4: Update your TV (if not already done in Step 3)
You can perform a software update by enabling the Automatic Software Download function in the Customer Support section in the settings menu.
Alternatively, you can do it manually with a USB stick. You can find the instructions on how to do this on the TV software download pages:
- Software update download for the WE6/WE7 series (latest package)
- Software update download for the XE70 series (latest package)
NOTE: You can find software updates for other TV models on Sony’s Support page. Enter your TV model name in the search bar (e.g. KD-55X700E), select your model name from the list, then check if a new update is available in the “Downloads” section.